Turum-Burum created the previous interface for Antoshka online store back in 2013.
The below-listed factors indicated that this time the RSR strategy should have been chosen, i.e. a new interface had to be created:
- Business scaling
- Increased percentage of mobile users
- Change of the design concept
- Technology change
- New user behavior patterns
Visual accents were made on three blocks:
- Product photo;
- Decision-making block: price, catchy “BUY” button and secondary calls, such as “print the product card”, “share item via email”;
- Delivery and payment options.
The number of the desktop users who placed an order after viewing the product card increased by 45%, and that of mobile users –– by 47%.
- designed the cart in two formats: as a separate page and as a pop-up;
- introduced “Favorites” and “You also viewed” tabs, from where the user could add a product to the cart with just one click;
- taking into account the modern user behavior patterns, added the option of sharing the shopping cart.
Conversion from the shopping cart to checkout increased by 31% in mobile and by 29% in desktop.
- structured information in the order form and split it into semantic blocks by making visual accents;
- reduced the number of steps in the order placement process, making it possible to skip the movement to the shopping cart;
- added prompts and autofill in every field.
The number of mobile and desktop users who completed the order placement increased by 35% and 43% respectively.
Now the users can add data about their children to their personal accounts and thus get more relevant and personalized product lists.
A special button on the homepage helps the user promptly find out all the information about his/her order without moving to “My account”.
In order to synchronize offline and online promotions and discounts we added a “My discounts” tab in “My account”, so that the user could see the detailed information about all the possible benefits.
The user can form a wish list using the “Favorites” tab and leave the website, with all the products saved in the wish list and available after the next log in.
Several wish lists can be created and shared with other users or printed out.
Conversion rate of Antoshka online store increased by 36%.
You can download the full PDF version of the case here:
“The case of Antoshka: How can conversion be boosted by 36% through adapting the interface to support various user needs”