Gemini Redesign: How UX/UI Design Turned a Website into a Powerful Tool
What specific UX/UI design features does a business website need to interact with customers across multiple channels? How to create a website design that fully meets the needs of different types of customers? Using the example of the Gemini website redesign, we will talk about effective UX/UI solutions that will help make your online store more user-friendly.
Gemini Project: Specifics and Tasks
Gemini is one of the largest coffee roasters and suppliers of coffee equipment and related products to the B2B and B2C segments, offering high-quality products and excellent service.
Gemini's main customers are B2B customers, but the target audience also includes retailers, wholesalers, distributors, and others. The company has changed its positioning and style, and it was necessary to reflect this on both the corporate website and the online store.
Therefore, Turum-burum's main tasks were:
- Attract and engage B2C customers through UX/UI design;
- Improve the user experience for all types of users;
- Optimize and simplify the purchase and re-order process for both B2C and B2B customers;
- Develop a new website design to improve customer retention and engagement rates for both B2B and B2C customers;
- Increase brand awareness and build brand identity;
- Optimize online conversion through UX/UI website design.
The challenge was to combine all channels, mechanisms, and user interaction tools (CRM, Viber, messengers, chats, and websites) to reach a diverse target audience. In addition, it was necessary to integrate all management facets to manage all processes from a single platform.
Therefore, it was decided to start by redesigning the website: optimize it to meet the needs of different customers and business objectives, as the website had the potential to become a multi-touch and admin panel with all settings, order history, discount personalization, and CRM system.
Stages of Gemini Website Redesign
Developing a new design for the Gemini website consisted of several stages:
- Interviewing the owners to delve deeper into the niche and understand the specifics of the business;
- Gathering all the client's requirements and wishes for the future website;
- Study of the product, market, competitors, and target audience;
- Research and UX audit to identify how B2C and B2B customers interact with the interface; understand the challenges they face and the differences in behavior and goals of customers in different segments;
- Based on the data obtained, our experts developed a new site structure and created a layout that took into account all processes so that the UX/UI design would provide usability for all users, including Gemini managers and customers of all types who will use the control panel as a personal account.
Gemini Website Redesign: Effective UX/UI Solutions or What Was Done
The Turum-burum team improved the website's style, made it more user-friendly, and conveyed the brand's vision while maintaining balance: “Gemini is a reliable company and partner, but easy and pleasant to work with.”
To achieve the goals, we did the following:
Since Gemini is a brand, the homepage is where users get to know the company. Therefore, we designed the page to appeal to both B2C and B2B customers and to showcase all the company's benefits, such as social responsibility, charity, environmental protection, eco-activities, and additional services and opportunities for customers.
We added various entry points, and placed blocks about the company, services, partnerships, school, master classes, products, and more, combining the corporate website and online store.
- The category listing page.
We already had experience working with coffee shops, so the team was familiar with user behavior patterns. We used that expertise in the Gemini project to create a sequence of steps that customers go through when choosing coffee.
Based on this data, we developed and prioritized filters on the category listing page to help users quickly and easily find the right coffee or tea based on specific parameters.
- Product page.
The new product page has a standard structure that has proven to be highly effective among users. The core product information is divided into the following key points:
- For coffee: grind level, roast level, origin and region, taste and aftertaste, type of grain, etc.
- For tea: location, composition, strength, flavor, duration of brewing, specialty, etc.
The product page for each category has a clear visual illustration and a detailed description, packaging options, and the benefits of buying from this online store. In addition, reviews and ratings from real customers confirm the quality of the product, increasing brand loyalty and helping to drive purchase decisions.
- Demonstration of benefits for regular customers and partners.
The following UX/UI solutions were implemented to encourage users to register on the site:
- Provided the cost of goods for partners during authorization;
- Redesigned all validation texts and messages;
- Added tools for order tracking and quick re-ordering, and improved a tool for B2B customers to facilitate large orders.
- User-friendly and clear checkout.
We made the checkout page as simple as possible, with a minimum of required fields.
- Additional services.
We developed pages for additional services such as Barista School, ordering and/or renting equipment. These pages demonstrate all the benefits of working with the company for both B2C and B2B customers.
For example, thanks to the streamlined design, B2B customers can now quickly and easily rent equipment based on their needs, without unnecessary calls to the manager.
When moving to the page of the selected equipment, the customer can:
- View the coffee machine and learn about its features;
- Select the type (or types) of coffee and the amount of coffee needed;
- Find out the rental price based on the quantity of coffee requested;
- Receive detailed information and step-by-step instructions on how the service works;
- Review alternatives if not satisfied with the current quote;
- Learn about partners and their experience working with Gemini.
Gemini Website Redesign Results
Turum-burum faced the challenge of integrating all customer interaction channels into one user-friendly platform. The goal of the project was to create a multi-touch experience that would meet the needs of different audiences, such as retail and wholesale customers, distributors, and others.
While working on the Gemini project, we developed new UX/UI design solutions, including:
- Website layout design;
- Creation of custom branded graphics;
- Implementing the brand identity through various UX/UI elements;
- Developing additional functionality to meet new business needs and goals.
The UX/UI design needed to provide a user-friendly experience for all users, including Gemini managers and customers of all types who would use the admin panel as a personal account.
As a result of the redesign, the Gemini website has an adaptive design and a personalized online store that takes into account the user's needs and allows them to efficiently manage their business processes from one place. In addition, the new site design is optimized for SEO goals and includes clear calls to action that reflect the brand's mission. The design is currently being handed off to developers for implementation. Unfortunately, due to the military actions in Ukraine, the deployment timeframe has shifted, but Gemini representatives allowed us to share the details of this exciting case. To be continued…