In 2016, the company Turum-burum conducted a redesign of the Veloplaneta online store.
But in 2021, the company noticed a decline in conversion rate and decided to outsource UX/UI services by hiring us.
- to analyze usability
- to find growth points
- to improve the efficiency of the project.
The work process consisted of three main stages:
- Analysis of usability. Based on analytics data of the user behavior and key metrics of the website, the expert revealed the weaknesses of the interface that were critical for conversion and developed recommendations to eliminate them.
- Implementation of recommendations by Veloplaneta’s in-house team.
- Supervision of design implementation + consultation on other outstanding tasks regarding the interface.
We have implemented a bottom navigation bar that corresponds to modern user behavioral patterns. This will make the mobile version of the website look similar to the mobile application.
We have added an indicator that shows the availability of the items in the shopping cart. The icon was placed at the bottom right corner so it can be reached by a finger easily even if it’s a large phone screen
The filters were made in the form of a separate button. You can select multiple filters simultaneously to apply them by pressing the corresponding button. At the top, the user sees a list of selected filters, he could be able to not only cancel one of the filters but also reset everything with one click.
The bonus program on the product card was concealed in a link that opens a pop-up window with exhaustive information about bonus conditions. We decided to emphasize the benefit amount that the user might get if he made a purchase.
We presented the "Related items" block with tiles with real photos of goods, a brief description, and the price. Information on the availability of the product is indicated on the tile and the user can easily add the product into the cart. In the upper part of the block, we have placed the “switch by categories” tabs so the user can easily switch categories of related items.
Аs a result of the collaboration of teams between Turum-Burum and Veloplaneta, the following results were achieved:
- the transaction rate in Mobile has increased by 33%
- the average order value has risen by 19.68%
- exits from checkout have decreased by 80%
You can read the full version of the case study article here: