In 2018 60% of the website traffic came from mobile devices, and the conversion rate on mobile was low. A big number of the users of the mobile version were complaining that they couldn't place the order.
- Analysis of the market and competitors;
- Research of analytics;
- Analysis of customer paths;
- Study of the call center feedback;
- Analysis of the heat maps and webvisor records;
- Identification of the website's problem areas.
- High bounce rate from the product list. The reason could be in the inconvenient system of filters for selecting the product.
- High load on the call center because of the lack of all the necessary information on the website for the order placement.
- Critical errors on the check-out page that didn't let complete the purchase on the website.
- Creation of a new website structure using mobile first approach;
- Creation of the mobile version of the existing site;
- Creation of application;
- Creation of separate applications for Android and iOS.
As a result, we opted for the mobile first solution. With this approach the site development is performed from the mobile version to the desktop one. This allows saving on the development, since instead of creating an application separately, and then subsequently updating the web version, the mobile first web version can be applied.
Having approved the key pages, we started designing all the pages, moving from the 320-px-resolution to 1920 px. As a result, we received a scheme of prototypes of 238 screens, 76 pages and 162 conditions.
We downloaded these prototypes in Invision and interlinked them so that we could make a testing on the focus group and check if we solved the users' task.
The cart became convenient for collective purchases as its content got visual. The user received a full-fledged block for managing his/her order and a prompt what to do further.
For this, in the right-hand sitewide cart block, apart from the products added by the user, we added information on which present awaits the customer for the placed order, as well as which benefits he/she might get if a product for a certain price is added. Thus, we got a motivational system for increasing an average order value.